December 16, 2011

She is Christmas! Happy Birthday, Noelle!

Noelle - Christmas. She was due Dec 23rd, but we had to deliver c/section so she was born 12/16 instead.  

[In case you wanted to know: Colin was due 12/14 and we opted for a c/s to have an earlier date and so their birthdays wouldn't be 2 days apart, LOL! 9 days is close enough!]

We always loved the name Noelle, and thought it was perfect - with the nickname Elle (rhymes with belly).

For her birthday meal, she chose our usual Christmas meal: Ham, gourmet potatoes and corn.


And instead of birthday cake (because she doesn't like icing...which I totally don't get), she chose Christmas cookies - Chocolate Crinkles!  (My favorite Christmas cookies, too!)

She is full of JOY, she is LOVE, she is a GIVER.  She is an example of Christmas.  And we love her to pieces!  She prefers "Elle" 11 months out of the year and likes to be called "Noelle" during December!  She's kind of quirky, like her momma!

We have T's company Christmas banquet tonight, so we celebrated with the grandparents last night.  She and her daddy danced to their favorite songs, "Baby Girl" by Sugarland and "Cowgirls Don't Cry" by Brooks and Dunn.

Wishing...

Happy 7th Birthday, Noelle.



post signature

6 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Birthday Noelle! I love that name, and didn't know it was her real name.

Just Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLE!!!!!

p.s. I'm not fond of icing either.
:-)

Karenkool said...

Well, I guess I'm not a cowgirl after all.

happy birthday to the beautiful and adorable Noelle (rhymes with belly).

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a darling little girl! I love her name and the shortened version too!

Cheryl

Lynn said...

What a super sweet celebration. I love that she likes to be called Noelle in Dec. How fun!

BTW...I live in Lanc County now so when are we going to get together? ;o)

weavermom said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!!
And Merry Christmas to you! :)