August 30, 2011

How does your garden grow?

I snapped this picture a few weeks ago, trying to capture the hawk in the middle-right section of the tree, but my lens wasn't quite powerful enough to snap the picture I wanted.  Little did I know I'd be using this photo as a reference shot, after Irene stormed through.

The entire tree is dead and sticks up above the others.  Enter Irene - with upwards of 50 mph winds, and there's going to be some natural pruning taking place.

So, yesterday, I snapped this picture of the same tree, minus the hawk and half the upper part of the tree.

And then I inspected the fallen branch a little more closely...sigh...



So, how does your garden grow?  Mine isn't growing so well right now.
post signature

4 comments:

Karenkool said...

Booooo! It fell into your garden?

Momma Roar said...

YES! Right smack on all my heirloom tomato plants and it didn't touch one of the grape tomato plants - that I'd love to see gone!

Mari said...

Aaagh! What a shame about your tomatoes. Iren was trying to clean up for you!

Just Mom said...

Oh bummer!

At least it didn't fly through a window.