January 30, 2012

5 years ago...

Five years ago, a friend sent an email through our homeschool board inviting us to follow her blog, journaling her homeschool adventures.

I had never read a blog before.  But in that click, I knew I wanted one!

I quickly signed up for a blogger account and made my first post...hitting 'submit' and sending it into cyberspace...all the while curious if anyone would read it.

To look back now, I am overwhelmed by the connections I have made - to fellow homeschoolers, stay-at-home moms, moms that craft, moms that like to cook, snarky moms, moms who have older children and are a source of encouragement and serve as a mentor to me.

The coolest thing?  5 years have gone by and I am honored to continue calling them my friends.

Some people who don't blog, don't get it.  It seems like such a foreign idea to them that you'd desire a connection with someone whom you may never meet.  But, I know that God has set this little ol' blog here for a reason and I'm thankful for that each and every day.  And thankful for all the friendships I've made.

5 years ago, my kiddos looked like this:




I love to look back at the pictures in those early years of blogging.

Never did I imagine that I'd still be typing up new posts 5 years later.  Not that I didn't think I'd have enough to say, just didn't know if I'd have the time to share it.  ;-D

Some of it is silly, some is of our school time, some is just the kids.  A few scattered posts might even be inspirational - but they are mine and I'm happy to still be here 5 years later. 


post signature

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow, five years! I'm so thankful and blessed that we connected. Who would have guessed, huh?

I remember your beach trip the first year we met. C was a baby on your lap. Makes me shake my head.

Love you Leigh Ann and feel so blessed to call you friend. You have touched my life with your words through your blog and more.

God in His goodness saw fit for all of us to find a bond in cyber world and I am forever grateful.

Mari said...

Happy 5 years! I'm so glad I was able to meet you in this blogging world - you are a blessing!
I agree that it's fun to look back. I wish this was available when my kids were young.

Just Mom said...

Wow! You've been stalking me for five years, huh? It seems much, much, much, much longer. ;-D

Happy blogoversary to my best friend whom I've never met. :-D

Jean said...

I agree with Mari - I wish there had been such a thing as blogging when my kids were growing up. I did do a lot of writing and picture taking, but the pictures have deteriorated and so have the papers I wrote on.

I still remember the first email or comment I got from you saying you think you knew my kids in high school. I called Lisa to ask if she had ever known a Leigh Ann Dissinger, hahahaha!! And of course, we shall never forget when I later recognized those three cute kids at the park!

Susan said...

As I read this it brought tears to my eyes because I am so very grateful for the wonderful connection that you and I have made via those first few little posts so long ago. The 1/2 has still not been told either because I know the future hold great things. Love you dearly sweet, precious friend.