We waited 500+ days for the day we'd leave on our trip.
11-11-11
Finally, after much anticipation, excitement and planning, we left on 11-11-11 to drive to Baltimore and catch a flight to Orlando. We stayed in Orlando the first night and upon waking up the next morning, we'd head to Port Canaveral to board the Disney Magic (the sister ship of the Disney Wonder, which we were on in November of 2009).
Some people thought we were crazy to celebrate our 15th anniversary by taking a trip with our kids. But since we were the ones taking the trip, we really didn't care what anyone else thought! ;-P
It was a truly magical time of adventures and fun! We cruised to Castaway Cay twice (Disney's private island) and also had stops at Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico.
Despite already being in Florida and having a much shorter trip on Saturday morning - we still look like weary travelers! ;-D
And, excuse me, but when did my 9 year old get so tall? He's almost to my shoulder! I cannot even remember the number of people that asked if our youngest were twins!
I'll share some more pictures as I get them organized and off my camera. But note, the smile on C's face will be a theme for the week. He kept choosing to smile with his mouth closed and looking at it makes me smile with my mouth open (with an added giggle)!
7 comments:
How fun!! Great family picture! Can't wait to see more pictures.
(And would you believe that my 10 yr old has grown 2 inches since August and is 5 foot 3 already!!! Every time I look at her, she looks older. If you find out how to make that slow down a little, please share your secret!!)
MEMORIES!!!! So precious and last for our lifetimes. Love the picture.
WOOHOO! The blog series I was waiting for! ;-D
I think it's great you took the kids along! What fun memories you made!
AWESOME!!! A Disney Cruise. I can't wait to hear all about it.
I'd take my kids on a cruise with us if we won the lottery or something, but because that hasn't happened we've been happy to go on a cruise, just the hubby and me with a couple friends for our anniversary.
One of these days our kids will all be able to pay for their own cruises as adults and if we do that together it will be an amazingly good time. Woot woot
Not sure if I ever mentioned it before, but I really like your hair that color! It works well w/ your skin tone! Anyway, love you & that beautiful family of yours!
~Heidi W
Honey, you know I love you, but you do realize you are only 5 feet tall, right?
My girls were 5'9" by age 12. Hmmm, where did they get that height? Not from us, that's for sure!
E looks really grown up without the bangs. Oh, and I laughed at C as well. What a kid!
Post a Comment